Thursday, September 27, 2007

Diwali Celebration in Mauritius

Wishing You Joy On Diwali... A sparkling wish to cheer up your near 'n dear ones on Diwali.

This is something that I learned from my cousin who stays in Mauritius – Eastern coast of Madagascar. Diwali is celebrated hugely out there. I never knew this. In Mauritius, they celebrate Diwali with heartfelt honor and great devotion with lots of fireworks, sweet, lights and special dishes. They make all the traditional Indian sweets such as gulab jamun, kanawla, Motichur laddu etc. and invite friends and relatives, share gifts, decorates their houses with electric lamps and diyas - traditional oil lamps with decorative earthen pots. Diwali is a great festival to Mauritians!!! I wish I could have been there this year, because I'm really keen to see the glory of Diwali at Mauritius.

Happy Diwali to Mauritians!


Send this Diwali Wish ecard!
More Diwali Wish Comments



Labels: ,

 
posted by priyanka Joshi at 5:32 PM, |

1 Comments:

Mauritius has many celebrations..Diwali is one of these celebrations..During this celebration,we were in Maritim Hotel Mauritius checking in..How amazing what we have witnessed..